Makes four 1 1/2 cup servings
- 6 cups very thinly sliced organic kale (about 1/2 large bunch), tough stems removed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2 slices bacon (nitrate and nitrite free)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (organic)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- Place kale and eggs in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Leaving the bacon fat in the pan, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Chop when cool enough to handle.
- Add oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt. Pour the mushroom mixture over the kale and eggs. Add the bacon and toss to combine. Add chopped tomatoes if desired.
Leave a comment