When you want something warm and satisfying to help you grow younger, try this chili, which takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
Source: The New ME Diet
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbls cumin
- 2 tbls chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 12 to 16 oz lean turkey or ground beef
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Shredded low-fat cheddar or parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onions and garlic and saute′ until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and serve with 2 tablespoons cheddar and parsley.