Let’s continue the feeling-FABULOUS journey! What you eat and how you move can get you 90% of the way to growing younger. Spring time is upon us and it’s a great time to get re-energized around food to improve your body’s imbalances quickly.
Part 1 of “Yummy Up Your Life – Nutrition Basics” included information about the basics of a well-balanced diet and some facts about protein and protein powders, one of the 3 macronutrients essential to life. What are the other 2 macronutrients? Carbohydrates and fats! Your body needs all three to function well, and as we age they are especially important in the right balance.
Why do we need to eat carbohydrates?
- For energy
- Your central nervous system, brain, liver, kidneys and muscles all need carbohydrates in order to function properly
- Vitamins and minerals – especially in vegetables and fruits
- Fiber to help our digestion function properly, to support hormone balance and immune function
What are healthy sources of carbohydrates?
- Vegetables (corn is not a vegetable)
- Steel cut oatmeal
- Whole grains – less of a favorite
- Builds brain and nervous system cells
- Protects our organs
- Supports hormone production and hormone balance
- Essential for the absorption of some vitamins
What are healthy sources of fats?
- Olive oil
- Fish oils (salmon, sardines, kippers, herring, cod)
- Coconut oil
- Nut oils
As you can see, it’s super important to eat healthy sources of all 3 macronutrients: protein, fats and carbohydrates. They can help you surf through your day with delicious energy and a terrific mood. Plus, eating a well-balanced yummy meal will ensure that you continue to grow younger.
©Robin Nielsen, NC
WANT TO USE THIS IN YOUR EZINE OR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you use this blurb with it: Robin Nielsen helps her clients to “grow younger.” She is a successful entrepreneur, a Certified Clinical Nutritionist and an in-demand speaker and educator. She’s motivated thousands to improve their health with the right mental and physical fuel for living a luscious life. Get your FREE audio 7 Secrets to Reclaim Your Radiance: www.togrowyoung.com