Alaska Salmon on Greens
- 1 can Alaskan king salmon
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
Arrange salad greens on a large dinner plate. Open can of salmon and drain liquid. Remove skin and bones from fish and fork out on top of greens. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 small head of green or Savoy cabbage – outer leaves removed, cut in quarters, core removed. Slice remaining leaves very thin or grate
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and finely grated
- 1 green onion, stem end removed and thinly sliced
- Pinch of sea salt
Put ingredients in a salad bowl and massage lightly for a minute or so to soften the vegetables.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. brown rice vinegar
- 1 T. water
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Pinch sea salt
Put dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until blended. Pour over salad and toss thoroughly. As salad marinates, vegetables will soften and become more digestible.