This time of year it is so easy to get off track with our health. So many parties and so much fun can turn into a health disaster where, before long, you feel like crap (pardon my French).
It’s so unnecessary and takes away from all the fun of the holidays.
Take a look at the holidays in a different way…keep your high standards and be picky!
Here are a few tips to stay on track for this Thanksgiving:
- Be a food snob – only eat what is fabulous and leave the rest!
- Bring your “friends” with you – that means, take a delicious, healthy dish that you love wherever you go
- Don’t go anywhere starving – you’ll make bad choices and eat too much
- Fill your Thanksgiving plate up with all the different veggie dishes, and then add a little turkey and a small taste treat of all the different carbohydrate dishes like: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, bread, rolls, stuffing, etc.
- Have a one-bite taste of all the different desserts – the flavors are so delicious
- Stay hydrated – if you’re thirsty you’ll eat more
OK, are you ready? I am SO grateful for all the beautiful food we have access to. And, I am beyond excited that my boys are coming home tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to you.