From: Canyon Ranch Cooks
Makes 8, 1/2 cup servings
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 4 1/2 cups Imagine Vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbls blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl soak beans overnight, covered with at least 3 inches of water. Drain and rinse.
- Place beans and stock in a large saucepan and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Lightly coat a saucepan with a small amount of coconut oil. Sauté onions until translucent. Add beans, tomatoes, molasses, salt and tomato juice to onions. Cook over low medium heat until half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in tomato paste, brown sugar and pepper, and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened.
Leave a comment