I noticed that over the past week or so I’ve gotten a little amped up. My hormones are slightly out of whack. I’m aging a little more quickly perhaps – yikes! Do you know what I’m talking about?
My sleep is a little disturbed (finally got that worked out last night), I feel a little anxious, not relaxed, and my brain is going on and on about stuff.
So, I thought I would acknowledge this…just notice. It made me think about how we need space around things. Space just to think about and process all the things that are happening around us and to us: the holiday parties and festivities, the extra drinking and indulgence in rich, sugary foods, the preparation for the holiday meals, guests arriving and presents. Just the presents alone and all the planning, gathering and wrapping. Wow! I didn’t realize how many things are tempting out there is such a compressed amount of time.
Make the holidays a really special time of year for yourself intsead of a hectic one. Here are some tips that have helped me to make it so much more special and fabulously fun!
- Watch the movie Happy to give you some perspective back
- Play my new favorite game Bananagrams while sipping a nice cup of Numi Holiday Herbal Chai
- Get intimate with your partner – a lot!
- Eat before you go to party and then just make an appearance
- Watch White Christmas five times and sing along (love that movie!)
- If you don’t feel like it, don’t do it
- Eat delicious food and savor every bite – eat for taste not to “fill you up”
- Get at least 9 hours of sleep a night
- Go for a lonnng walk every day – outside (treadmills just completely miss the point)
- Stand on your head (are you laughing?) – flip your world upside down for a fresh perspective