These waffles are delicious, and quick to make and are wonderful for hormone balance. You can also put smoked salmon or almond butter on top or even make an open faced sandwich. Use organic, unsweetened ingredients whenever possible.
Makes about 8 Belgian Waffles
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 6 eggs (cage-free, organic)
- 6 tbls coconut oil
- 1 cup (or more) coconut milk (light is fine or mix with water for desired consistency)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbls ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 small banana
- Handful spinach or kale (for green waffles)
- Blueberries to bake in waffle and for syrup (frozen or fresh)
- Butter (pasture butter – try the Kerry Gold)
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into heated waffle iron and sprinkle blueberries on top to bake in. To make the syrup, put about 1 cup of blueberries in a saucepan along with 1/2 cube butter (4-6 tbls), and heat until melted. Pour over warm waffles.