Basic Coconut Flour Muffins
These light and delicious muffins are low carb, high protein and high in fiber.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. butter, softened or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. milk or 1/3 c. coconut milk
- 2/3 c. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic date sugar (puréed dates) or fruit purée
- 1 tsp. baking powder
optional add in’s: fresh, frozen or dried berries; nuts; lemon zest; chocolate chips…
Step By Step:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter or coconut oil, milk or coconut milk, agave syrup or maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Mix with an electric mixer or hand mix until very smooth,
2. In another mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and baking powder. Mix Well.
3. Pour the coconut flour mixture into the batter and mix until there are no lumps.
4. Pour the muffins into a well-buttered/ oil muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until they start to brown around the edges.
Helpful Hint: These muffins will dry out in the refrigerator. Slice them in half flatwise and toast them to reheat. They’re delicious with butter and honey!
Nutrition Tip: Fiber-Rich foods have a high satiety factor, meaning they make us feel full and satisfied. They also promote bowel regularity and help regulate blood sugar levels.
Leave a comment