Makes 12 muffins, The Wheat-Free Cook
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cup milk (use raw!)
- 4 tbls unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup organic date sugar (puréed dates) or fruit purée
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tbls baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan (I use ceramic) or line with cupcake papers.
- Combine the rice bran, raisins, and milk in a large bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy, then beat in the egg and maple syrup until smooth. Stir into the rice bran-milk mixture. Combine the rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and mix into batter. Stir well and spoon into the muffin cups, filling them 2/3rds full. Top with sliced almonds. Bake until golden brown and risen, about 25 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
Leave a comment