(Use all organic, free range ingredients of course!)
This is a great alternative to the chicken pot pie that has a lot of wheat. It is a yummy, warming dish for cold winter days. Yum!
- 1 head cauliflower (or one large sweet potato – or a combination), steamed and puréed (whipped) w/1/2 cube butter and 1/4 cup coconut milk (use as much coconut milk as you need to make the consistency of mashed potatoes)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced at an angle
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced at an angle
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 stalks broccolini, sliced at an angle
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 whole chicken breast (2 halves), cubed
- 2 tbls Herbs de Provence
- 4 tbls Tamari (wheat free)
- 1/2 cube butter
Directions: Set the oven temp to 350 degrees. Melt 2 tbls butter in pie dish in oven. While butter is melting, sauté onion in large skillet for five minutes, then add rest of veggies – use a little water as necessary to keep everything moist. Sauté for about 10 minutes, just until tender. Remove from heat and add to pie dish. Add 2 tbls butter to skillet with tamari and sauté chicken for five minutes, just enough so it’s just lightly cooked. Add to pie and combine everything with a spoon to mix. Cover with puréed cauliflower as the topping and bake for about 20 minutes. Put on broil at 400 degrees for last five minutes to brown the cauliflower. Serve hot.